Survey Shows Home-Ownership is Preferred By Americans
2011’s third quarter National Housing Survey asks Americans how they feel about housing and here are some statistics that show they prefer home-ownership:
- 96% of all homeowners believe that home-ownership is results in an overall more positive experience, including many of homeowners who are struggling.
- 70% of renters voted that home-ownership is better than renting.
- 63% of renters wish to become a homeowner.
- 64% of Americans believe home-ownership is a sound investment when compared to buying stocks or bonds.
- 67% of homeowners, 55% of renters think now is the time to buy a home.